Officials of the Taitung Government of Taiwan visited Taupo on 26th and 27th April 2023 on a “Geothermal Exploratory Trip”.
The delegation of some 20 members was headed by the Mayor of Taitung, Ching Ling Yao.
The sites visited included:
- Wednesday 26th
- Geological and Nuclear Sciences
- MB Century (Well-drillers)
- Thursday 27th
- Contact Energy’s Geothermal Resource field
- Wairakei Terraces –Geothermal hot pools recreation centre
- 5.00pm-The Taiwan delegation was extended a welcome by Tuwharetoa kaumatua and the Mayor of Taupo, in the vicinity of the newly carved Pou at the lakeside park.
The visit was marked by the promise of the Taupo hosts to develop a long term relationship with the Mayor and others of the Taitung Government, and to help develop the geothermal resources in Taitung.
The visit concluded with a dinner at Suncourt Hotel where all had a most enjoyable evening and celebrated many birthdays for the one man!